Monday, June 2, 2014

Brew #1: Blueberry Cider

Brewed in November sometime.  I used http://www.howtomakehardcider.com as my main source of info.  OG was around 1.050; no idea what my FG was.  Used Munton's ale yeast.  Started with about 1.75 gal. of the fresh cider recommended in that website.  Turned out bright yellow.  Transferred to secondary that had over 2 gal. of headspace.  Tried to bottle carb with table sugar in a freezing basement with no results (duh).  Ended up backsweetening/bottle-carbing with blueberry concentrate (a whole lot, and def. didn't measure at all), and put in fridge when a soda bottle of it was hard (2 days maybe?).  Ended up with a quart of final product.

Flavor was not bad with all of that concentrate added.  But it was still a bit skunky from what I recall.

Far too many obvious things I will do different next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home